On 6 September 2017 FinTech Poland and Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), Financial Services Regulatory Authority signed a Memorandum of Understanding to mutually exchange financial innovation expertise and knowledge, as well as collaborate in joint initiatives in respect of the development of the financial ecosystems in and Poland and Abu Dhabi.
The scope of co-operation between FinTech Poland and ADGM includes:
- Creating a platform where fintech entrepreneurs and innovator firms can test and launch innovative products, services and business solutions within a controlled environment;
- Participating in joint innovation projects on the development and/or application of technologies such as digital and mobile payments, blockchain and distributed ledgers, flexible platforms (APIs), and other areas of new technologies;
- Developing local fintech entrepreneurship through knowledge transfer in incubation programmes, accelerator programmes, academic and internship programmes;
- Facilitating the sourcing of project partner or sponsors (such as financial institutions, venture funds, etc.) for the fintech entrepreneurs and innovator firms to test and deploy the fintech solutions;
- Providing assistance to fintech entrepreneurs and innovator firms on understanding and navigating any commercial or regulatory requirements in relation to their business activities;
- Exchanging and providing domain knowledge and expertise on matters of fintech; and
- Facilitating introductions to local fintech players in the UAE and Poland.
About Abu Dhabi Global Market
Abu Dhabi Global Market is a broad-based international financial centre for local, regional and international institutions. It has three independent authorities – the Registration Authority, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) and ADGM Courts.
According to Ahmed Ali Al Sayegh, Chairman, Abu Dhabi Global Market, “Abu Dhabi Global Market is a key pillar of Abu Dhabi’s Economic Vision, acting as a catalyst for the growth of its dynamic financial services sector in the UAE. At the heart of Abu Dhabi Global Market is a premise of long-term partnership and collaboration – locally, regionally and internationally.”